Thursday, September 10, 2015

How to Crack a Coconut

As I've already told you, me and my son, we both have dairy intolerance. So in many of my recipes I replaced dairy ingredients with coconut flakes or coconut cream or coconut milk. 

First step, soak the coconuts in water for at least few hours. This will make them break easier and it will make them split in half over the equator. Then you can recycle them in nice bowls.


Second step: hold a coconut in one hand, take a big and heavy knife in other hand, and tap the coconut around the equator. Tap with the blunt edge of the knife, not the blade one. 


Tap and rotate until the coconut will split in two half pieces. Place a bowl under the coconut, to catch the coconut water in the moment the coconut splits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment