Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Best Marinade for Tenderizing Tough Meat


Tough meat needs a strong marinade to tenderizing it. By tough meat, I mean: beef, lamb, venison, even pork, duck or chicken if they are free range pasture raised. The best ingredient of a efficient marinade is pineapple, due to one of his enzymes, called bromelain. Bromelain can tender the  meat no matter how tough it is. 

So, my best marinade recipe for tough meat is: 
- blended pineapple
water (let's say 5 times the amount of pineapple)
olive oil, salt and pepper

Of course you can add also other ingredients, but these are the principals. And the secret is to keep the meat in it, at least 12 hours.

Now I will show you how to prepare the pineapple to have it in your freezer, any time you need to prepare this marinade. As you can see in the picture above, you have to chop a fresh pineapple, and bend it.  


Just pour the blended pineapple in small plastic glasses and freeze them. I put 60 grams (2 oz) in each glass, because most of the times I prepare small meals, just for my two kids, and I need only a small quantity of marinade. If I need more, I can use more glasses.  


Of course, it's better to avoid plastic containers for freezing. But glass is not every time an option, because it's heavier, takes more place, and breaks easily. So, sometimes I use plastic, sometimes glass, depends of the free place I have in the freezer and my mood :))

When you want to prepare a marinade, just take off the pineapple from the freezer, let's say one hour before.


No comments:

Post a Comment