Monday, September 29, 2014

Dairy Free Chocolate Cream Recipe

Is there any kid who does not LOVE chocolate cream? Let's face it :) I am taking about Nutella :) I really don't think there is any kids who isn't crazy about it...

So, what can you do if you have a child with dairy intolerance? because almost all chocolate recipes which also have a good taste (and I am not talking about that 99% black chocolate which tastes like poison) contains milk. Then you are very lucky to get to my blog, because I will teach you how to make at home a tasty dairy free chocolate cream. It's the most simple recipe you can imagine!

Believe me, I have tried a lot of recipes until I found this one which I will teach you now how to make. It was very difficult to obtain a good taste similar to normal chocolate cream which contains milk. I increased and decreased the amounts of some ingredients a dozen times, until I got a taste that was neither too bitter nor too sweet. And above all, until I got a creamy texture. So, the most valuable tip in this recipe are the quantities. 

The ingredients are in the pictures below. I used all the products from Now Foods, but you can choose any brand you like. So we have:


cocoa butter - 100 grams (3.5 oz)
virgin coconut oil - 100 grams (3.5 oz)
cocoa powder - 35 grams (1.2 oz)
agave nectar (this can be replaced with honey) - 150 grams (5.3 oz)

As soon as I will make it, I will give also a a video clip with me making this recipe, but until then I am just telling you how to do it. I want to make the video for you. not because it's complicated and you could need details, but because it's really funny to do this dairy free chocolate cream recipe!

So, you have to put the cocoa butter and the coconut oil in an enamel pot (or something that doesn't eliminate toxic compounds in food). Put the pot in another pot filled with water below the top edge of the first pot, like in bain-marie cooking method. Put on stove on the lowest temperature. And wait for 15 - 20 minutes to melt. When the oil mix is liquid, add the cocoa powder and the sweetener that you chose, mix with a folk, pour the mix in a glass jar and wait to cool at room temperature. And this is all you have to do! You got the best healthy and tasty dairy free chocolate cream!

You can keep it at room temperature in your kitchen, you don't need to store it in the fridge. If you do this, the chocolate cream will get too hard, because of the cocoa butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment